Thursday, February 11, 2010

Good Things To Come....




If you're looking for the repeat idea for this coming Sunday, keep going...it's just below this post. I just wanted to give you a heads up so perhaps you could go and find what I just got and I am totally thrilled about.

I've been planning an idea to do in the near future called "You've Got Mail", but I hadn't figuared out how to create my mail box. Yesterday, I was buying Valentine Cards for my kids at Walmart (the only store we have around this area), and I saw this on the shelf. It's perfect...and it was only $3.00. It even lights up when you open the door (totally my style). So, just in case you're interested, go see if your local Walmart is carrying these and grab one. They are in the Valentines section. They might even go on sale the Monday after Valentines and be even more affordable. Most of them have Spiderman or Tinkerbell on them, but there was this great design too that was so perfect for Primary and the theme of the activity I'll be doing. I'll be posting the idea soon.
Have fun!
-thecrazychorister

8 comments:

Layne Bushell said...

Thanks for the heads up! Sooo cute! I'm headed tonight to find one!

brookeaprilrain said...

I need all the help I can get. I've never been the Primary Chorister before. Please keep sharing your ideas...

Kaleigh and Kevin said...

That's so funny! I bought this same mailbox early last week to use tomorrow for our Primary singing time! I am interested in finding out how you are going to use it. Thanks!

Melissa said...

What is funny is that I got a real mailbox off Freecycle to modge podge (bought bags from Walmart with that same pattern!) and then dh decided the mailbox would be better used replacing our worn out one! BUT! Our worn out one is under 4 feet of snow, so I ran to wally world today and grabbed this one-- which is what I was going to make anyway! Must be meant to be.

Thanks for all your ideas!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you have any ideas or are working on ideas for follow the prophet. I am new to primary and am a little worried about teaching all of those verses. Thanks!

Melanie said...

The Budge Family--

Yep, I have some really fun ideas for Follow the Prophet..if you can hang in there I'll get back to you really soon. No worries.

*thecrazychorister

Sadie said...

I picked up the mailbox yesterday! Can't wait to see what you use it for. I figured if nothing else I want to have the kids write down their favorite 'Songs of my Heart' since I have only been in for a month and a half and need to get a better feel for what songs they know and love. I will also be watching for your ideas on Follow the Prophet...the length of the song intimidates me and I was asked to teach all of the verses. Thanks for all your ideas, your a life saver!

Unknown said...

Yes, I, too, am looking forward to your ideas for "Follow the Prophet". I would like to start teaching it this month to the Sr. Primary because they now know "He Sent His Son". I will need the entire month to teach Jr. Primary this month's song. They just get so tired and I will stop and do an activity song with them midstream, just to change things up a bit.