Sunday, August 2, 2009

Program Review Activity #4--Blast To The Past!

Out of all the review activities, I think I've been anticipating this one for months ever since I saw the concept on the primusic site (thanks so much to whoever posted it). It just sounds fun to the kid side of me.

This will be an activity that reviews all 8 program songs in 20 min.


Prep:

1 time machine (haha.. now you can call me crazy! I mean one home-made time machine. You can use a big refrigerator card board box..just call your local furniture store and see if they have one you can have. Then go crazy decorating it anyway you wish to make it look cool. I just happen to have a stroke of luck this past week when a family member gave my kids a really cool space ship made out of heavy card board that I'll be using. This is what it looks like before I make it cool..http://colormehouse.wordpress.com/gallery/rocket_playful/.

8 objects that were used to teach the program songs this year. Example could be ....a brick: "how firm a foundation"--A builders hat--"My Eternal Family".....I don't know what you used, but find something that the kids would recognize goes to that song. You could bring different objects for Jr. vs Sr. to make it easier or harder for the kids. Have a fun way to sing the song on the object.

Before primary, set up time machine and put the objects inside it.


Presentation:

Tell the children that they get to take a trip back in time to retrieve objects from the songs we have learned. Call someone up. Tell them to go inside and find one of the objects and bring it back out. Have the pianist play a fast version of a fun wiggle song while you wait. When the child brings out the object, have them tell you which song they think it is from. Sing the song the way the object's paper suggests.

I'm so excited, I can't wait!!!


*original concept by the primusic site
**adapted by the crazy chorister

1 comment:

Brooke said...

This is such a great idea. Thank you so much for your help. I dont know what I would do with out this site!