Monday, July 27, 2009

My Plan for the next 10 weeks....

Wow, vacation is fun but I am so happy to be home again. Thanks for being patient with me as I didn't post for this past Sunday. My sub decided to review with a "singing cube" and reported that it went very well.

I have been getting comments and emails from many of you worried about your up coming primary program...don't worry, there is still plenty of time (even for you September primary programmers). I thought I would tell you the schedule I will be following for the next few weeks so you could have an idea of my plan to get the program polished up.

Aug 1--Introduction of Families can be Together Forever
Aug 8--Repeat Week/Test at the very end of singing time
Aug15--Review Game with Jan-April songs
Aug 22--Review Game with May-Aug songs
Aug 29--Huge Review Day with all program songs (ask to have the entire time this day)

Sept 5-26 = Really Fun and Engaging review games that will really polish up each song. They will be able to be completed during the 20 min allowed. I might do a bigger activity towards the end of Sept. if I get the whole time. I have some ideas that I think will provide the energy for our program.

As the summer speeds by, I find myself getting even more busy...so, as I get time I will post one or several of the review games I intend to carry out. They will not necessarily go in order of the weeks I plan on doing them. I hope that doesn't mess up any of you, but I think it might give you extra time to plan out your own schedules and fit the activities in when they work for you the best.

That said, I have laundry to do.

6 comments:

IlvPrimary said...

You're amazing!!! Thank you sooo...much for helping us to make our calling more easier and funner!!! :)

Scooterdoodah said...

Mel ~ I know a lot of that was for me! Thanks! I'll "gird up my loins and fresh courage take!" Time to get busy!!!

Love,
Carolyn

Dana said...

Melanie, thank you for this post! This is my 1st year and I didn't realize that the program is just around the corner. I'm so happy I found your blog! You are my singing time tutor!

Elise and Lane said...

Yeah! I'm looking forward to your review games... i'm running out of ideas! Thank you Thank you for your help!!!

Scooterdoodah said...

Hey, what are the ideas you have that will provide "energy" for your Primary program?? I'm dying to know! Okay, I'm begging to know!!

Thanks,
Carolyn

Emma said...

I SO missed your post last week! Thank you so much for all of your ideas - they help me so much in this calling.