Monday, September 8, 2008

The Singing Rag

Prep:

* Bring an old rag from home

This idea was very last min because I had had a very busy week and hadn't prepared for my calling like I should have. Inspiration came in Sacrament meeting as I looked down and saw my daughter's burp cloth.

So, called two children up front and assigned one to be the hider and one to be the finder. The finder went out of the primary room with one of the teachers, while the other child hid the rag in the room somewhere. Then I told the children what song we would be singing. They were instructed to sing at a normal level when the finder was far away from the rag, and as the finder gets closer and closer to the rag they were to sing softer and softer.

This has proved to be a universal favorite in my career. You can use this as fill in if you have more time then you thought, as a reward after working hard on a song, or for an entire music time. I love my good 'ol singing rag. Never leave for church with out one.

*Originator: The Crazy Chorister

No comments: