Hi Everyone! This coming Sunday is Program Review Sunday. Obviously we don't have much by way of Programs songs to review yet, so...I thought this would be a great Sunday to combine efforts with your presidency member.
If you go to page 3 in our "Outline for Sharing Time" it gives a lot of fun suggestions to review concepts for weeks 3 and 4. I read this and it totally reminded me of a game my family loves to play. Cranium. If you have never played this game, that's okay. I suggest looking up the game on the web and just reading about it to get the general idea. My version is simple.
So, here's how I modified it to fit for Primary and the suggested Sharing Time in our outline.
1. Talk to your sharing time presidency member and get them on board with you.
2. On Four pieces of paper, write four different categories. Mine will be ....
"Notable Notes" (guessing the song and then singing it),
"Back to the Drawing Board" (drawing a concept and others guess what it is...if it is a song sing it)
"Who Am I" ( giving clues to a person or concept in the Scriptures we recently studied...if it corresponds to a song sing it)
"Up, Down, All Around" (a few different things to get the kids up and moving to some music while reviewing a concept)
3. 4 Slips of paper for each category that give the suggested activity or song. Please feel free to come up with your own...here are just what I've decided to Use.
1. My Heavenly Father Loves Me
2. I Feel My Savior's Love
3. I Know that My Savior Loves Me
4. I Am A Child of God
"Back to the Drawing Board" You could use Play dough for the older kids instead of having them draw.
(For Jr. Primary, have the child pick the category and you Draw the picture and have them guess it. For Sr. Have the child try their hand at drawing and help if they need you.)
1. Draw a Picture of one way Heavenly Father Loves You (have the child suggest this too you)
2. Draw a Picture of Your Family (Families can be together Forever)
3. Draw a Picture of the Temple (I love to see the Temple)
4. Draw a Picture of the Scriptures (Scripture Power)
"Who Am I"
1. John the Baptist. (Have written clues about him such as..."I was a prophet. I was the Cousin of Jesus Christ. I Baptised Jesus." Make them easier for Jr. and harder for Sr.) ....song could be BAPTISM
2. Joseph Smith
3. A Child in the America's who saw Jesus
4. A Primary Child, today, who loves Jesus Christ
"Up, Down, All Around"
1. Play hot potato with a bean bag. Have the children pass it around the room while singing a song. When the music stops, have the child holding the bean bag say the next word or line in the song.
2. Sing the Child's favorite wiggle song double time
3. Have the Children face the primary doors. Open them and have them sing a song. When someone passes the primary doors, have the children wave and smile to see if they can get someone to wave and smile back.
4. Have a child hide your bean bag, and have another child find the bean bag as the children sing softer and softer as they get closer to finding it.
Before Primary, Have the Categories up on the Chalk Board and a small bag of slips under each category that they can choose from.
Explain to the children that we get to play a fun game that will help us review all the wonderful things we've been learning so far this month. Explain the categories. Pick a child to come and choose a category. Have them choose a slip from that Category and then complete the challenge.
Make sure, if you are doing this activity to tag team with the presidency member. You can do the singing stuff and they can do the non singing stuff.
This activity should take all 40 min. Have fun with it, and make it your own.
6 years ago